Creative Styling Rules: 2016
• Grooming and styling competition utilizing creative sculpting, color application, character creation and design
• Groomers demonstrating quality grooming techniques
• Open to all contestants
All pure breed and mixed breed dogs are permitted. NO live animals other than dogs are permitted for use as props or contest entries.
• All entries must be groomed prior to entering the competition area.
Products, Decorative Objects, Color, etc.
• All products, decorative objects, coat coloring and applications must be safe for the dog and the stylist
• Costumes and ornament applications to the dog must not hinder the dog’s ability to move, impair his/her ears, legs or tail
• Costumes and/or decorations must be easily removable for judge inspection • Glues should be water-soluble
• Coloring products, chalks and dyes must be pet safe
• Lifting of dog’s natural color is prohibited
• Use of duct tape, carpet tape or any other substance that pulls on the skin or hair to remove, is prohibited
• Large or heavy objects placed on the dog are prohibited
Competition Dog Preparation:
• Coats should be clean, dry and free of tangles
• Ears should be clean
• Toenails trimmed
• Sanitary area and pads may be trimmed
• Color may be pre-applied
• ALL OTHER TRIMMING MUST ME COMPLETED DURING THE TIME FRAME OF THE COMPETITON
• Precision and sharpness of the clipper lines
• Quality of scissor finish
• Overall decorative application
• Overall color application, depth of color, separation of color and blending Profile:
• Design appearance
• Concept easily recognizable
• Intricacy balance o Is there enough design: Is there too much design; Is there enough color and decoration; Is there too much color and decoration Originality of design
• Original design
• Original concept for previously executed design
• Unique use of color, decorations or applications
• Percentage of design created during competition
• Degree of difficulty of color application prior too and during competition
• Overall amount of work completed during contest
• Not to exceed 6’x6’ space provided
• Tables provided must be protected from glitter, glue, color, etc.
• Maximum of 2 assistants may enter the arena for prop set up during the 10 minutes following scissors down.
• Products, decorations, styling of any form may NOT take place at this time Awards:
• Judging panel will choose first, second and third placements
Peoples Choice Award:
• Peoples Choice Award is an award chosen by the audience and determined by a select group of judges other than the panel.
• This award is separate from the first, second and third place winners
• Contestants have a maximum of two minutes to present a skit, song, music, etc,.
• Award goes to the contestant who garners the most audience reaction with applause, etc.
• The Peoples Choice presentation will not be considered in the judges’ decision.
• Up to three persons may assist in the presentation on stage and three off stage.
• The presentation may engage the audience.
• Music must be given to the staff prior to contest start and must be cued up to start. Lights cannot be dimmed during performance.
• Smoke, confetti, streamers or explosive items are strictly prohibited as they will set off alarms, or incur cleaning charges. If in doubt, call Adam Lohr at Barkleigh Productions, Inc. for clearance.
• The winner of this award may be chosen by Barkleigh to grace the cover of Groomer to Groomer magazine • Seasonal and Holiday themes may not be appropriate for magazine cover, due to timing.